Audiophile Indonesia

Author Topic: Dictionary of Audiophile  (Read 34603 times)

Offline Harlin

• Senior Contributor
    • My Blog [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2popnpc.jpg[/img]
Re: Dictionary of Audiophile
« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2008, 18:49:54 »
Sebenernya masih banyak lagi nih dari http://www.stereophile.com//reference/50/index1.html

Tapi banyak yang sama dengan yang diatas.
Sources: iPod Video 80gb modded, iPod Video 80gb unmodded
Interconnects: Van den hul (LOD & mini-to-mini), Silver 4-braid & 8-braid LOD, AudioNote mini-to-mini
Buffers: MoonVoice Buffer v2
Amplifiers: MVN1 premium, MVN2 v2 premium
Headphones: Woody Sennheiser HD600 (recabled with MV Prodigy X and Furutech plug), Fostex T20v1 Orthodynamic (recabled with MV Indigo and Cardas Rhodium plug)

Team MoonVoice

Offline radityajoko

• Advanced Member
« Reply #16 on: Apr 05, 2008, 10:04:24 »
bro, gw masih bingung di ngebayanginnya....soalnya gw belum bisa rasain bedanya bloated sama boomy ituh....lagian didalam definisi ituh masih ada ungkapan lain yang kadang gw ga ngerti.....

apa memang dunia audio itu subjektif yah?

Offline d4rk*bring

• Senior Contributor
  • Minami Maho....
« Reply #17 on: Apr 05, 2008, 10:57:14 »
Hmm...bloated tuh kira2 kayak klo ente nyanyi di kamar mandi, sedangkan klo boomy tuh, bassnya agak2 mendem en suka nutup2in detail :D. Yah, kesan masing2 bisa berbeda :D.

(Org ada org disuruh tes MS-PRo mah PR20, dia blg bagusan PR20? Nah loh? :D).
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2008, 10:58:12 by d4rk*bring »
My proposed logos for SOUL, Official Amps for Audiophile-id :D.

Wishlist : Ultrasone DJ1(newline), Ultrasone HFI580...
Source: Sony MP3, Acer Aspire 5920, PSP--> Yuin PK3
Team :Yuin

Offline Harlin

• Senior Contributor
    • My Blog [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2popnpc.jpg[/img]
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2008, 14:06:42 »
Ini gue ambil dari website JoLida.com, dan banyak informasi yang berguna yang gue rasa bisa menjadi pengetahuan yang berguna...

Vacuum Tube Technology Overview

The basic purpose of the audio amplifier is to increase the current, voltage or power of a signal and deliver the signal to the speakers. The three basic types of amplifiers are solid state, hybrid (utilizes tube and solid state) and vacuum tube. Each technology has its positives and negatives. Although the general operational characteristics of the three audio amplifier types are similar, there is a differential in the sound.

There are two basic designs of tube amplifiers. One design is the triode amplifier (also referred to as single ended or Class A) in which one vacuum tube (300B, 2A3) is used per channel to amplify the audio signal. Within the tube, a small signal is placed on the grid which causes a large fluctuation of voltage. Thus, the small amount of signal controls the larger power so that the signal is replicated at a larger level of energy. Another design is the push pull amplifier (Class AB). Rather than using one tube, the push pull amplifier uses more than one tube per channel. One tube will amplify the positive portion of the signal and the other tube will amplify the negative portion. The push pull design provides greater wattage than the single ended amplifier. This is a very simplified rendition of how a tube amplifier works.

Why a Tube Amplifier?

The comeback of the tube amplifier as told by Rick Rosen of Stereophile is not a matter of nostalgia; it is a matter of excellent sound reproduction. Even the average ear can recognize the holographic soundstage, smoothness, and the crystal clear resolution that a tube amplifier can deliver. At low volume levels, the sound is clear and linear; at moderate volume levels, the sound is full and satisfying; and at loud volume levels, the sound will not punish your ears.

Aren’t Vacuum Tubes obsolete Technology?

No. Many people believe tube technology is obsolete since they think solid state has replaced it. One example used to exemplify obsolescence is the comparison of the small size and high computing speed of the personal computer (solid state) that has replaced the 1950’s Enac computer which used 18,000 vacuum tubes, had the power of a modern calculator and fit in a room the size of 3 double garages. No doubt integrated circuits are a significant technical advancement that has made many of the communication and computing devices of modern times a reality. However, tubes were never designed to be utilized as integrated circuits (on/off switching), tubes were designed to amplify. A good example of how tubes create power is your microwave oven (happens to be powered by a vacuum tube). Press the start button and your microwave oven will develop 900 to 1400 watts of power on demand. If that moderate sized oven used integrated circuits for power, it would be the size of a refrigerator. Tubes are still a $2.4 billion industry in the U.S. and is utilized in high power applications such as transmitting equipment, radar, RF equipment, x-ray machines, medical equipment to name a few. In relation to audio equipment, vacuum tubes perform superbly as an amplification source. From a technical viewpoint in terms of cost, size, power, reliability and performance, the vacuum tube amplifier is as viable as the solid state amplifier.

I have never used vacuum tubes before and they make me nervous?

In a sense, you have been using tubes all your life, light bulbs. Although the light bulb and the vacuum tube are used in different applications, there are some similarities in how they operate. If you drop a light bulb on a cement floor, it will break; you have to change the light bulb every so often; and last but not least, if a light bulb has been on for an hour and you grab it, then you will burn your hand. So it is with a vacuum tube.

Will I have to replace the tubes all the time?

In JoLida vacuum tube amplifiers, the vacuum tubes are rated to last a minimum of 3,000 hours. This is why we will guaranty them for 6 months to a year. For the average listener, this is approximately five years. The cost of replacing all the tubes on the JD 502B is $120.

How long can a tube amplifier last?

If maintained properly, a tube amplifier can last 30 years or longer. If you look in the classifieds for amplifiers for sale over 30 years of age, most of them are tube.

JoLida amplifers are only rated at forty, fifty watts of power output, that doesn’t seem like much power.

It is a rule of thumb that one tube watt is equivalent to two or three solid state watts.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 14:12:23 by Harlin »
Sources: iPod Video 80gb modded, iPod Video 80gb unmodded
Interconnects: Van den hul (LOD & mini-to-mini), Silver 4-braid & 8-braid LOD, AudioNote mini-to-mini
Buffers: MoonVoice Buffer v2
Amplifiers: MVN1 premium, MVN2 v2 premium
Headphones: Woody Sennheiser HD600 (recabled with MV Prodigy X and Furutech plug), Fostex T20v1 Orthodynamic (recabled with MV Indigo and Cardas Rhodium plug)

Team MoonVoice

Offline arvee

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Staff
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2008, 15:57:06 »
JoLida amplifers are only rated at forty, fifty watts of power output, that doesn’t seem like much power.

It is a rule of thumb that one tube watt is equivalent to two or three solid state watts.
Ok nih yang lagi keracunan tube :D ceritanya promo juga nih heheheheh
Fanboi = Ababil...I'm definitely not a Fanboi :basshead:

Offline pixelpaint

• The Journey Start Here
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2008, 16:11:20 »
Wah sep nih lengkap banget!!
CANS :ATH A900 | ATH M50 | SENN IE8 | UE SF 5 | UE 700 | PK-3
AMP   : .22 | Martini | CR Pro | Silver Bendy | DAC-1
DAP   : iPhone 4

Offline iQEM

• Au-id owner
  • Forum Staff
  • founder of Team Planar (Ortho)
    • Audiophile Indonesia's Forum mail ?!
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2008, 08:41:32 »
nambahin dikit boleh ? sori klo udah ada, cuma nglengkapin detilnya aja koq... :D

SIBILANCE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The presence of strongly emphasized s, sh, ch, z, j sounds in speech called sibilants. These CONSONANTs are created by air moving through the vocal tract and being constricted by the position of the tongue and lips.

The SPECTRUM of sibilants is that of NARROW BAND NOISE in the high frequency range (5-10 kHz) and therefore their perception is the first to be affected by hearing loss with age (PRESBYCUSIS). Sibilants may be unvoiced (i.e. without pitch) or voiced (i.e. with an added vibration of the vocal cords).
History: Motorola A2DP HT-820, Koss KSC11, sennheiser (PMX60), AKG (K24p, K26p, K518dj, K501 [LP] with K701 pads, K400 [LP]), Ultrasone (DJ1, HFI580), Audio Technica (ATH-2), Sony (DR-11), AKG K12p, dbE HF10 mod, Fostex T20v2 mod, NAD RP-18 [basslight mod Kabeer], NAD RP-18 kapton modded with pads Koss MV1, Yamaha HP1 aniso mod, Fostex T10, Fostex T30 black/regular fork, with pads Beats Detox, Germania recabled, Fostex T30 silver fork, with pads beats Detox, ipod photo 4thGen 40gb, S.O.U.L SEv.1 (custom), Shuffle 1st GEN 1gb
Now: Vido with mic + KZ HD9 + KZ ATR + Yamaha YH3 modded + DIYcans 120ohm + JBL Ref 510 NC mod

Team Ortho
me love Headstage...
tested cans

My Feedback, to give me feedback, just click Here !

Team Cheap Bastard Head-Fi
mantan Team Rokok..not anymore..

Offline psychaudio

• Forum Staff
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 13:28:45 »
Ikut melengkapi ya bang (kata paling penting nih sesuai nama forum  :D):

Audiophile
Audiophiles are people who seek to listen to music at a level of quality as close to the original performance as possible. They use high-fidelity components to try and attain these goals. Most are music lovers who are passionate about high-quality music reproduction. DIY audio enthusiasts build their own equipment, especially loudspeakers.

Audiophile values may be applied at all stages of music reproduction: the initial audio recording, the production process, and the playback, which is usually in a home setting. High-end audio refers to expensive, high-quality, or esoteric products and practices used in the reproduction of music.

Sumber: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audiophile
It's all about creativity, simple: start DIY now!

The SOUL Directory <-- Click for information for your Soul \m/
When I read reviews, I end up buying, and my wallet is dying...  ...happily (O,^)

Offline equinox

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 16:08:34 »
Good one bro! hahahahhaha
AKG K501 + K701 pads - Etymotic Research ER6i + Shure Black Olives - Fischer Audio Eterna rev 2 - dbE HF30 - iPod Nano 1st Gen - Blackberry 9000

Offline endro

• Administrator
  • Audiophilia Nervosa
  • Hearing is believing
Re: kutipan A-Z seputar audio
« Reply #24 on: Jun 01, 2008, 08:46:35 »
Amp or Not

Apakah headphone amp itu perlu?
(by Xin, source: http://www.fixup.net/talk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=56)

Jawabannya adalah IYA. Beberapa orang akan mendengar perbedaannya secara langsung, beberapa yang lain butuh waktu untuk penyesuaian dari telinga dan otaknya untuk mendengar perbedaannya. Sekali saja perbedaannya dapat terdengar, akan seterusnya dapat membedakan.

Dalam sudut pandang ampli, headphone dapat dikategorikan menjadi efisien atau in-efisien, impedansi tinggi atau rendah. In-efisien headphone, baik itu low atau high impedance, tidak dapat di-drive untuk mencapai volume yang cukup dengan hanya digital audio portable (DAP) yang lemah, sehingga headphone seperti ini membutuhkan amp. AKG 240 dan 1000 dan ER4S adalah termasuk kategori headphone in-efisien yang popular.

Meskipun headphone yang efisien dapat di "drive" oleh portable player sampai ke volume yang cukup, bukan berarti suaranya sudah sangat bagus. 10mW output capacity dari portable player yang umum, sebenarnya masih terlalu lemah. Headphone efisien yang paling populer adalah Senn HD580, Koss KSC-50, Grado 60 & ER4P.

Ada beberapa komentar: low impedance headphone spt Grado SR60 (32 ohm), ER4P (27 ohm) tidak memerlukan amp sedangkan high impedance headphone spt HD-580 (300 ohm) memerlukan amp. SALAH! semuanya sebenarnya membutuhkan amp, dan pada kenyataannya Grado SR60 & ER4P lebih sulit di-"drive" oleh sebuah amp daripada HD580.

Silahkan lihat Tangent's benchmark test untuk PPA amps berikut ini:

http://www.tangentsoft.net/audio/ppa/amp/bench

Membandingkan hasil benchmark dari 1 & 4 buffers, kita dapat mudah melihat: untuk men-drive Grado SR60 dengan nilai yang rendah untuk THD, IMD dan crosstalk, sebuah PPA amp membutuhkan 4 stacked buffers, sementara hanya perlu 1 buffer untuk HD-580. Benchmark saya juga menunjukkan hasil yang sama, low impedance headphone lebih sulit di drive. Surprise? Kenapa?

Karena, low impedance headphone seperti Grado SR60 membutuhkan lebih banyak arus listrik. Ketika diberikan arus yang besar, sebuah amp cenderung menimbulkan lebih banyak distorsi nonlinear, dimana digambarkan dalam data2 : THD, IMD, dan crosstalk antara channel. Ketika load impedance rendah, output impedance dari sebuah amp akan rendah juga. Hal ini sangatlah jelas. Output ground resistance harus dibuat sangat rendah, terlebih di high frequency, jika tidak maka channel crosstalk akan lari semakin tinggi. Stacked buffers dapat memberikan multiplifikasi lebih tinggi dari arus yang sekarang dan menurunkan output resistance, yang selanjutnya memperbaiki benchmark dan suara.

Terlihat khan, bahkan super amp seperti PPA membutuhkan kerja keras untuk men-drive sepasang Grado SR60 dan ER4P yang dipertimbangkan (secara salah) sebagai "easy-to-drive" phones. Seberapa baikkah kinerja 10mW portable player? Ketika anda menghubungkan ER4P ke IPOD anda, contohnya, anda tidak akan mendengar bass, karena untuk sinyal frequency rendah, kebutuhan akan arus listrik akan semakin jauh tinggi. Hal inilah penyebabnya, (meskipun dalam data2 di kertas biasanya iPod dan modern portable player pada umumnya memiliki response flat di 20-20k Hz yang notabene baik2 saja). Player tersebut tidak mampu menimbulkan arus yang cukup kepada headphones, terutama untuk bass.

Apakah ini berarti high impedance phones seperti Senn HD-580 tidak membutuhkan amp? TIDAK!. Sebagai contoh, ketika anda menghubungkan HD-580 ke iPod, sepertinya suaranya sudah cukup lumayan. Akan tetapi setidak2-nya ada 2 hal yang hilang. Ketika sebuah amp men-drive low impedance hedphone, kapasitas arus dan output impedance (termasuk ground line output) adalah pemegang peran utama seperti diceritakan diatas. Ketika men-drive high impedance hedphone, arus dan impedance secara relatif akan kurang dominan, akan tetapi pergerakan (swinging) voltase tinggi yang berperan. Pertama2, sebuah amp harus dapat mengayun diantara very high voltage rails untuk dapat memproduksikan volume yang cukup sebelum clipping terjadi. Jika amp tersebut tidak cukup memiliki (ruang) voltase, maka anda akan mendengar clippings ketika musik dimainkan di kondisi terkeras. Ke-2, Seberapa cepatkah ayunan dari amp (slew rate)? Jika terlalu lambat, maka gesekan cepat biola, contohnya, tidak akan dapat "meluluhkan" hati anda. Banyak orang mengeluh bahwa HD-580 tidak memiliki hasil yang sama dg SR60. Sebenarnya adalah karena kesalahan amp yang digunakan, slew rate-nya terlalu rendah. HD580 (300 ohm) membutuhkan voltage swing yang lebih lebar dibandingkan Grado SR60 (32 ohm), maka dari itu, slew rate yang tinggi adalah faktor yang utama disini.

Kebanyakan dari portable player, dijalankan pada voltase yang sangat rendah (1.5V s/d 4.5V) dan tidak dapat memberikan 2 hal: magnitude dan kecepatan dari voltage swing. Ketika anda menghubungkan HD-580 ke iPod, maka suaranya sudah lumayan baik (low noise dan distorsi) tapi anda tidak akan mendapatkan power dan hal2 yang meluluhkan hati anda (racun!  >:D >:D)

Masih ada hal2 detail teknis lainnya, tapi kebanyakan orang tidaklah perlu mengetahuinya kecuali akan men-design atau membuat amp. Akan tetapi hal2 diatas semoga sudah cukup memberikan gambaran kenapa dibutuhkan headphone amp yang bagus untuk headphone.
Hear with your ears then listen to your heart after that watch your wallet
SOUL AMP - OFFICIAL Audiophile-iD AMP

Offline endro

• Administrator
  • Audiophilia Nervosa
  • Hearing is believing
« Reply #25 on: Jun 01, 2008, 08:48:18 »
IMPEDANCE

satu lagi dari : shsc.info/HeadphoneGuide

Impedance
Indikator dari besarnya voltase dan arus listrik yang dibutuhkan untuk mengoperasikan sepasang headphone. High impedance headphones (>120 ohm) membutuhkan voltase substansial, sedangkan low impedance headphones (<120 ohm) membutuhkan arus listrik substansial. Headphone amplifier yang harganya masuk akal di pasaran, umumnya adalah arus tinggi (hi-current) atau voltase tinggi (hi-voltage).
PA2V2, seperti yang disebutkan dibeberapa website, adalah Lo-Voltage | Hi-Current sehingga cocok untuk headphone 120 ohm kebawah.
CMOY, dimana digerakkan oleh sepasang 9V baterai, adalah Hi-Voltage | Lo-Current sehingga cocok untuk headphones high impedance.
Hear with your ears then listen to your heart after that watch your wallet
SOUL AMP - OFFICIAL Audiophile-iD AMP

Offline aqeen

• Elite Member
  • lg nyari2 set up yang pas nih...
« Reply #26 on: Nov 30, 2009, 06:37:07 »
wah,lengkap bener kamusnya,tp masih bahasa inggris jadinya susah ngertinya,maklum gak jago2 bgt...
pengen burson...

Offline luther123

• Advanced Member
  • Sedang pensiun
« Reply #27 on: Dec 27, 2009, 13:48:14 »
nah kalo IMO dan IMHO singkatannya apa??
koq gw ga nemu2 ya..

Offline mahasiswa malas

• sedang berusaha menyederhanakan rigs :)
« Reply #28 on: Dec 27, 2009, 15:41:19 »
IMO = in my opinion
IMHO = in my humble opinion

Offline theha

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #29 on: Dec 27, 2009, 15:49:36 »
nah kalo IMO dan IMHO singkatannya apa??
koq gw ga nemu2 ya..

yah ga nemu lah itu kan bukan istilah audiophile
ini thread tentang kamus audiophile

ada2 aja
Menunggu agar kondisi yang sempurna tercapai sama juga dengan menunggu selamanya

Bila memikirkan modal yang terlalu tinggi, Anda tidak akan pernah dapat mewujudkan keinginan. Mulailah dari yang sederhana

Kecil adalah modal untuk menjadi besar
Kalah adalah modal untuk menjadi menang
Gagal adalah modal untuk menjadi sukses