Audiophile Indonesia

Author Topic: Thanks to RB, The Mother of All Headphones was available for auditioning...  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Darkkopi

• Contributor
Hi Jabenites,

It's been a very interesting Friday. This morning RB called me and told me that he will have something sent across to us for our Friday party. It was only a loan but still I jumped at the opportunity. The condition was the item must only be opened by him. That was fair as that is his after all.

The day went by uneventfully. I thought I could wake Zeus up and get his to join in the fun. But, sadly, he was far too sleepy for the merriment that was about to take place.

Close to the end of the workday, there were still a couple of guys and one SYT and that's when the fun began. Yes, everyone was made to cough up some hard earned greenbacks... in fact they were rushing to pay for the opportunity, sight unseen and they did not even know what it was all about. Now, that was what I call the Leap-Of-Faith.

RB called and said he could not make it and sent his emissary and he would do the honors in opening the box and showing off the ultra-rare headphone. I believe many pictures were taken and I'm sure some kind soul will post it here.

Unscrewing the top lid took a little while as the box was rather well constructed. Cameras were out... pictures were taken, flashguns was popping all over the place.

The R10 was unveiled... and the fun began... I'm theall those who were there and tried it will make a post here and give us their impressions.

Most importantly, we have to thank RB for his generosity in letting us have this rare and unforgettable opportunity in listening to his R10.

We're trying to convince him to let us have it for a little while more so that others can try it out too. So, please watch this thread and see what may or may not be possible.

Stay Well, The Jaben Team

« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2008, 00:05:43 by Darkkopi »
DA10 > GSX > HD800/LCD3

Offline winzzz

• Audiophilia
{material * ( looks + exotic names )/2 } * price = performance
( patent pending )

Offline piak

• Contributor
wonder how it sounds....
There is no Such thing as Bad Cans, There are only Less preferable Cans and some TRENDSETTING Cans but in the end Tastes conquer All...

Team No Action Talk Only

Offline Darkkopi

• Contributor
the seperation and soundstage is...
DA10 > GSX > HD800/LCD3

Offline vindictive

• Elite Member
afterall... It's a SONY 8)
Missing in Action : Sony NWZ-A728 (T____T)

Quote from: Uncle Wilson
if you succeed on your own, your success is 100%

Offline pink2_72

• Panitia MegaMeet 2010
  • Senior Contributor
  • Chairman & CEO PT. Samyuan Manunggal Perkasa

aduh2..mantab bener..hmmm..harga nya selangit nich kayanya..

Offline kau_999

• Contributor
  • My Audiowati

aduh2..mantab bener..hmmm..harga nya selangit nich kayanya..

for sure...try to google it :D :D :D
[DAP] Shuffle 1st gen 1gb, Nano 1st gen 4gb, Classic 160gb, iTouch 64gb, RWA 5.5gen iMod
[Phones] Oery's Woody Grado Mark II SR60, Yuin PK1, UE TF10Pro, AKG K501, DT880'05, Philips SHE9500, Senn MX300
[Amps] RSA Predator#263, iBasso P3
[LOD] ALO Jumbo Cryo xSilver iMod, Jenna
[Car] Alpine IVA-W200 - PXA 701 - Crescendo Opus 8.9B - HDT A600+A620- 10" Infinity Ref. Sub - Harmonic Harmony Interlude Upgrade RCA - Agako Ref. 1 cable
[kitchen] Dual Burner Rinnai - Aluminum Covered Rubber Hose with Aluminum Clamps - Rinnai Regulator - Elpiji Blue Bottle
the journey is almost over.....

Offline glac1er

• Contributor
Among the people who've listened to it, it is a consensus that it is the best dynamic headphones in existence. Market price: ~$2500  :getok: :getok: :getok: :getok: :getok:

Offline ReklawyksEkul

• Contributor
  • you worms are no match for the dark side
    • blog go!!!
beuhh
is it worth the price???
"When you look at the dark side, careful you must be... For the dark side looks back"

Offline Darkkopi

• Contributor
Among the people who've listened to it, it is a consensus that it is the best dynamic headphones in existence. Market price: ~$2500  :getok: :getok: :getok: :getok: :getok:

more than $2500 for that type of condition
DA10 > GSX > HD800/LCD3